Sunday, November 7, 2010

New friends



It's been a while since I posted something. Life's been busy, what can I say.
I moved to an old farmhouse in the middle of nowhere on August 1st. One of the first things I noticed after moving was the presence of many more wild animals, compared to my previous place. The coyotes howl at night, deer are all over the place, woodchucks run across the path to the woods. Second thing I noticed was the absolute silence at night when the coyotes aren't howling. Third thing I noticed was a bad rash on my arms. I thought it was poison ivy, but it just got worse from there. Today my arms look as if I have the measles.

The above picture was taken in my back yard. There are hundreds of apple trees on this huge property, the deer love them and so do I. Shortly after moving I started fencing in a large area, getting ready to plant vegetables next spring.
The cat made the move all right, she is still up to her old tricks such as jumping on the desk when she's not supposed to, and ruling the house.

Do I feel at home here? I am not sure, but I certainly love the lone feeling, and I love looking up at the sky on a clear night.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

It looks wonderful.

Only the very rich over here can afford to live in such beauty and desolation. Land is at such a premium.

Spherical said...

Aww it looks great!

I had to look up what woodchucks are so now I know lol.

Not so nice about the rash though; hope you find out what's causing it.